• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  you got me used to loving you
    there’s no part of scripture that ever prepared you for his hands - hands that map
    a communion in the cradle of your hips. hands that kiss hymns up your sides.
    She has mourned her child in the quiet north, but their chattering and bickering drives her from her quiet corner of the forests. There was always someone vying for something. Serpents, all of them. Virgo kisses her lover’s face before she slips between the towering trees and toward the commotion. She is pale and her eyes burn from a hundred nights of weeping, but she is neither thin or ragged. The barbs along her spine match her heart perfectly – bristling and angry.

She observes them for a while as they toss around their ideas. For a fleeting moment, she thinks that maybe she has emerged from her isolation for nothing. Virgo even turns to return to Caw’s embrace when she hears them speak further. Her ear turns and she pauses, one hoof still hanging in the air for her next step away from the crowd. A child suggests a stranger lead them all and she can’t help the scoff that comes rasping from her lungs.

Give your home to a stranger?” she repeats, laughing as she reveals herself from the shadows. “Might as well smile and put your neck on the guillotine for your enemies, little boy. Stop all your squabbling and be content with what you have.

Her eyes cast over each of them as she considers the strangers she has seen in the distance too long. They remind her of why she keeps to herself. But it isn’t their fault – they haven’t walked this earth as long as she has.

This one wants to remain ruler? Fine. This one wants to be champion? Fantastic. But you offer yourselves belly up like this again and you’ll draw all sorts of monsters out of hiding,” she hisses, shifting her weight before spitting on the ground between them in disgust.
    Virgo
    he confesses how long he’s looked for a place to worship
    and, oh, you put him on his knees.
    she's been hiding in the north since her kid died and she's angy.

Messages In This Thread
    you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-29-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-30-2020, 11:29 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-01-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-01-2020, 07:16 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Castile - 05-04-2020, 09:10 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-06-2020, 08:39 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Popinjay - 05-06-2020, 11:29 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-06-2020, 07:47 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Virgo - 05-06-2020, 08:35 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 05-06-2020, 09:09 PM