• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Ice forged in fire - any

oceane
    with tremulous cadence slow, and bring
    the eternal note of sadness in

The way the young flaxen boy sidles up against Oceane is endearing, and offers just the right amount of adolescent innocence that she and Leilan needed to breach their conversation. She nods in affirmation at his request ─ Alcinder would accompany her to the Isle, both because it would be important for him to see what destruction could be brought down upon Beqanna when one asks for too much from the fairies and because he would be a good way to keep a balance of friendship and diplomacy in their visit.

Leilan freezes the remainder of the deer carcass, drawing Oceane's amber eyes back to the deceased animal but this time in appreciation for the ice-dragon's abilities. She wonders for a moment if he will clasp the animal in his massive talons and take to the skies, but he seems to be as amused, if not more, by the nameless boy at her side. And so their attention turns to the youngling, the discussion of politics complete and settled upon, so that Leilan may poke and prod the boy with a grin revealing predatory incisors.

The ice-dragon introduces himself, and then her ─ she bobs her head to the flaxen chestnut and offers a small smile. "Oceane of Loess should take her leave, actually," she offers the pair with a quiet clearing of her throat, "I need to go find my son and prepare him for our journey to the Isle." She shifts her weight, ruffling her winged appendages and preparing to extend them.

"Will you be okay here with our dragon friend?" she asks the young boy with a quiet chuckle under her breath. She knows that he is safe in the company of Leilan, but she can only imagine how he looks through the eyes of such a young boy.

"@[Leilan] & @[Nashua]"

n | v

♥ Sorry to make her dash, I figure I should get ready to post her in the Isle! (Also, maybe Nashua would want to join her & Alcinder on their trip to see Leilan?!)
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    Ice forged in fire - any - by Leilan - 04-25-2020, 07:42 AM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Oceane - 04-25-2020, 06:08 PM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Nashua - 04-25-2020, 07:04 PM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Leilan - 04-27-2020, 06:41 AM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Oceane - 04-28-2020, 03:23 PM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Nashua - 05-02-2020, 01:35 PM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Leilan - 05-03-2020, 02:09 PM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Oceane - 05-05-2020, 08:08 PM