• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  where believers concede; bane

I believe I'd die if I only could

I sure feel strange, but it sure feels good

Everything about her in his memories was tainted and out-of-focus. The Breckin he remembers is covered by a dappled sheet of glass, her image distorted and blurry when he thinks on it. Right here before his eyes she stood! Alive and breathing, walking closer, talking in the sound of her voice and saying things a Breckin would say. How was it that she could be so real and yet, so unreal? Was she a ghost? Everyone and everything from your past is. Wyrm reminded him with a whisper.

Wolfbane watched the speckled mare tiptoe nearer, quietly breathing gusts of sparkling air from his dark blue nose, waiting for any sign that she might suddenly disappear in a cloud of smoke. He wouldn’t be surprised if she did, but no; her hooves left solid prints in the dusting of snow and like him, warm air spilled out from her chest. His intelligent eyes followed her carefully.

“Strange,” He agreed on Breckin’s comment about them, lowering his voice, “beautiful.” Wolfbane said, though as he watched Breckin the expression wasn’t meant for himself.

Now the full force of her came back to him like a second crashing wave, all of it: Loess and their twining conversations, riddled with double-meanings. The Riverlands. Her coronation. Leilan. He remembered acutely the instant their parallel lives split apart - but not the irritated burn usually associated whenever he used to recall that encounter. Even before the curse that wound had been healed for years. Lepis had done that and so much more. He hadn’t looked behind him where Breckin had, though he’d turned his ears and heard nothing, but he was frowning when she finally spoke again.

He was different? She was the one who was different! Bane laughed a few times, deep in his belly. Breckin seemed unhappy with this - with herself - but her problems weren’t his anymore. He could easily make light of them for his own benefit. Not even her darkened expression could sour the ironic situation they found themselves in, Wolfbane thought. He considered her final question with an upturned brow and a boyish half-smirk, hardly believing her to be in any position of demanding answers but feeling generous all the same. After all this time she still gave him a reason to smile… that was worth a little story.

“Once upon a time,” He began theatrically, “when we were much younger, I tried convincing you to fall in love with me.” He shrugged and turned his ears sideways. “Shocking, I know.” He told her, what with his beautifully strange eyes and all, “But it wasn’t meant to be. I wasn’t your type.” The sarcastic stallion scoffed.

“Don’t worry darling, no hard feelings. This was literally ages ago. We moved on.” He quickly told her, reaching down out of habit to brush away her trail of blood with his tongue. Delicious. “Though it's nice to know after so many years I held a special place in your heart.” Bane chuckled again, surprised at how time folded back on itself when given the chance.

For this thread:  Sex: M  ◉  Appearance: Normal, no wings  ◉  Mood: Subdued

@[Breckin]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    where believers concede; bane - by Breckin - 04-24-2020, 07:40 PM
    RE: where believers concede; bane - by Wolfbane - 05-04-2020, 05:50 PM
    RE: where believers concede; bane - by Breckin - 05-07-2020, 04:03 PM
    RE: where believers concede; bane - by Wolfbane - 05-10-2020, 07:34 PM
    RE: where believers concede; bane - by Breckin - 06-18-2020, 11:27 AM
    RE: where believers concede; bane - by Wolfbane - 06-22-2020, 06:32 PM