• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race // Eyas
    Now that things seemed somewhat settled, the pale stallion allowed himself the luxury of an easy breath. There was no trust between them, not really. But there was a job that needed doing and he felt up to the task. Besides that, he felt the same nudging need to take care of those who needed it. 

Granted, it was that same urge that had screwed him in the first place. His misguided belief that the molting pegasus had needed him. Certainly, she had done her best to prove him wrong, but the feeling remained. Even now, more muscle on her bones and her words coherent and linear, he found himself wondering how she'd survived this long without someone keeping an eye on her. Reminding her to eat. Suggesting that three world was not her sole responsibility to take on, consequences be damned. 

She was infuriating, a walking catastrophe waiting to happen. And, as he was dismayed to realize, a bit bewitching. He was long a slave to his curiosity, and she tugged at it for all she was worth. 

His gaze turned thoughtful as she abruptly changed tone when he denied her invitation. It was for the best, however. She had captured his mind more than once, and he didn't think he'd risk it again. Not even with things seemingly smoothing out between them. At her sharp instruction, he found himself shaking his head. "I thought I was good at that, before I met you." He shrugged, wings rustling softly. 

When she at last turned to look him straight on, he held her eyes a beat before nodding once. "Of course," his brow lifted teasingly. "You only needed to ask." He shuffled in the sand, the sun settling low in the sky telling him he would need to find a place to bed down before long. Maybe even catch a bite to eat. His wings relaxed by his sides, ready to catch the air that would lift him skyward soon. 

He turned to face the open stretch of beach that would give him his runway to depart, pausing only to brush at her back with his muzzle in a gentle farewell as he passed. "I'll see you in the morning. Sleep well, pheasant." Then he was running, running, flying back to the mainland and wondering all the time what exactly it was he'd gotten himself into. 

@[Eyas]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race // Eyas - by Santana - 05-21-2020, 07:58 PM