• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i know the rules, the weaker trees bend; tamlin

For a moment, Tamlin thinks she’s going to run - and it’s a relief when she doesn’t - instead, she comes closer to sit in front of him. It warms his smile a little, but he tries not to react too much, out of fear of scaring her off. It feels like a win, though, and he feels it lightening his mood and heart.

And he learns her proper name - Winslow - and instantly likes it. Much better than Blue.

When she asks whether he’s a shifter too, his smile fades. Those damn sisters of his and hogging up all the fun. “I wish!” There’s a very evident pout in the way he forms the words, but instead of sulking, he continues to explain. “Some of my siblings are, but I wasn’t so lucky. I was born a wolf, which is a whole thing, but turned into a foal and haven’t been able to make the switch since.” It’s always a bit of a trip talking about that with someone not of his family, it was just part of his history but it certainly was a funny little fact.

“I can just…” He tries to think of the right word for his connection to wolves - the word that doesn’t make him sound like a total ass taking advantage of a whole species. “Well I guess ‘control’ wolves but I all I really do is let them know I’m not food and then after I hung around with this pack enough they didn’t need to be reminded and they sort of adopted me.” Tamlin tilts his head in thought a little bit in thought, his smile growing with a bright laugh when he corrects himself. “Or maybe they just tolerate me but I like to think they care a little bit.”

He smiles fondly over at the pack, who are relaxing all around them now, for a moment - genuine care for them all softening his shining gaze.

“If you decide to hang around, maybe you can meet my sisters! I bet they'd love to meet another shifter.” He sure was - even if he was just a little bit (okay, very) jealous.

tamlin
    image from pixabay

@[winslow]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i know the rules, the weaker trees bend; tamlin - by Tamlin - 06-27-2020, 12:30 PM