• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i got my heart right here

risk
    As a child, Risk used to bare sharp teeth at his brother just for fun. He hunted mice but his soft heart made him let them go in the end. He never did develop a stomach for the kill but there is some minute part of him that enjoys the hunt – the tracking, the stalking, the final leap. While Sochi would certainly best him in a fight, he could still give her a run for her money. Spirit would someday surpass them both with his natural instincts and abilities, though. He presses himself low to the ground as he stalks with his tail twitching excitedly behind him.

Risk watches as his lover – did he really think of her that way? – resumes her movement. Each step is fluid and poised even with the hesitation in each footfall. He turns to look at Spirit only to find that the boy is no longer there. His ears swivel forward and he turns, first left and then to the right. There is fear evident in his eyes as he begins to panic. Just as he turns back to Sochi to call out for her, a great horned owl drops from the trees ahead of them in a silent swoop.

If he looks closely enough, he can see the talons are dulled to simple badger claws.

The giant bird lands on Sochi’s back and mimics rending her skin with his little feet before hopping off. In that small leap, he is a little colt with blue marbling once more. Risk exhales the breath he had been holding and picks up a small trot to catch up to them.

You went completely rogue on that one,” he says as he pulls the boy to his chest. Adrenaline still hums in his veins but he tries to settle himself. Spirit laughs and bumps his father’s chin with his nose before proudly looking to his mother.

Did I scare you too? I noticed how quiet the owls are the other night while you were both sleeping,” he boasts before realizing he’s outed himself. “While.. while we were sleeping. Heh.

He is a terrible liar. Finally, Risk has found a flaw in their otherwise perfect son. He makes a mental note to watch him more carefully but there is still some sense of joy and pride in his careful studying of the world around him.
    @[sochi] he's grounded

Messages In This Thread
    i got my heart right here - by Risk - 04-20-2020, 12:32 AM
    RE: i got my heart right here - by sochi - 04-20-2020, 09:07 PM
    RE: i got my heart right here - by Risk - 04-23-2020, 08:46 PM
    RE: i got my heart right here - by sochi - 04-27-2020, 08:56 PM