• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm two quarters and a heart down
    The moon is a slim crescent in the dark sky, visible only through infrequent breaks in the clouds. The stars are all but hidden behind the thick black remnants of the evening’s storm. With several dozen miniature glowing lights around her to light the path, Celina slips through the woods. She could have done it without the light of her aura, she knows. But she might have tripped and made unnecessary noise. Horses at night are listening, not looking. She moves quickly and the trees are thick enough that she is certain she will get through the land unnoticed.

And she does ,breaking onto the granite sand beach with little delay.

Her belly rumbles hungrily, and she is soon belly deep in the water.

The fireflies overhead stop their random blinking. Instead, they work in concert, a single glowing orbs that darts across the surface of the water. They dart this way and that, movement reminiscent of a minnow in the shallows. It moves ever closer to Celina, the water beneath it seeming to shiver now and then. As though something glides just beneath it, following the little lights. When it is just near enough to touch, Celina strikes. Her jaws open a little too wide, with certainly too many teeth, and she snatches a slippery creature out of the water.

It’s an eel, one she makes short work of. She swallows it nearly whole, crunching only a few quick times. She repeats the process twice more, missing her strike at the eel the second time and succeeding the third. This time she brings the eel – the snake fish, as she thinks of it – to the shore. There she can lay it out on the sand, taking careful bites of the flesh rather than swallow it bones and all. So engrossed is she in her salty meal, that she does not hear the sound of another’s approach.

celina
    i'm that bad type, make-your-mama-sad type
    make-your-girlfriend-mad type, might-seduce-your-dad type

@[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Celina - 04-18-2020, 09:54 PM
    RE: i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Nashua - 04-21-2020, 06:00 PM
    RE: i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Celina - 04-22-2020, 05:06 PM
    RE: i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Nashua - 04-23-2020, 06:25 PM
    RE: i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Celina - 04-23-2020, 07:27 PM
    RE: i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Nashua - 04-24-2020, 11:18 AM
    RE: i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Celina - 04-24-2020, 12:37 PM