• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's a devil in my brain with a pitchfork and a flame
    NASHUA

An ear flicks back to @[elio] and Nash smiles to himself. Whatever winds blew the gold-and-red dunalino into Taiga - whether Angry North or soothing West - he is glad for the gales that pushed him this way. His smile is a little uncertain though at the mention of staying home, though it makes sense what Fire Wing says.

There is bravery to be found at home too - even if it isn’t on the thrilling scale that he is seeking.

"I’ll help protect Mama and Yan,” he decides, looking back to the other pegasus stallion. If this sounds like something Elio would do, Nash decides he’d like to do it too.

"You will?!” suddenly his voice quickens, it rises with child-like tenor and Nash’s eagerness. "I have other places I could show you,” he hastily adds. "Besides my Fort. You could meet Mama and Yan. I can’t tell stories like them but I bet they’d share them with you.” Suddenly, a whole new realm of possibilities is unfolding before Nashua and his delighted mind can’t pick out which one he likes best.

"And I won’t be fooled by the girls. I’ll be nice, I promise.”

He is beaming; brimming over with enthusiasm.

Nashua nods his head, the Fort almost forgotten in all the excitement. "This way, Fire Wing.” Before he marches on again, the flaxen-haired colt gives his head a shake and glances back at Elio. "I’m glad you're coming back. I’m gonna keep looking up to see if you're burning the sky.”

With that, the copper colt grins before he kicks up his heels and races around the wide barrel of a Redwood. "Last one there is a clodhoof!"

and for every king that died
    they would crown another
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's a devil in my brain with a pitchfork and a flame - by Nashua - 05-02-2020, 02:26 PM