• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  catch a tide, my dear, and only think of me

oceane
    with tremulous cadence slow, and bring
    the eternal note of sadness in

She severs their embrace and offers a dismissive smile and quirk of her brow at his apology. A quiet, comforting nicker precedes her words. "There is no apology necessary when I know my time spent in Pangea protected our son," she does not say it to offer him an out or to ease his conscience. She says it because it is true. Because her sacrifice had been enough to protect Alcinder in a way she had not been able to protect her first two sons. Her response to Draco's ultimatum that night had come with no hesitation ─ she would follow him to Pangea to keep her boy safe.

Their boy safe.

Her amber eyes search his mismatched ones and where she would have expected to find herself yearning for him and his touch, Oceane finds an absence where that used to be. He is a dedicated father and a good man  ─ she had known that, even all the way from Pangea ─ but the desire she had felt for him had seemed to all but fade in her absence from his company. Perhaps because she had had far too much time to think on her discovery of Sochi and the life Castile had built with her, or perhaps for an even simpler reason ─ she had known all along, even in that night she had spent wrapped in him, that he could not truly be hers.

There is no bitterness as she looks upon him. Only appreciation. He had given her a beautiful son, had kept his promise to protect her as best as he could, and neither of them had promised anything more than that.

A part of her wants to apologize to the gold-banded stallion ─ but for what?

He takes a step back and Oceane's ears flutter as he begins to speak again. She does not expect Lepis to be the topic of conversation, and it's with a surprised pursing of her lavender lips that she learns he had not chosen to name her friend Regent upon his abdication, but there's something else that begins to unravel uncomfortably in her stomach as he speaks.

A realization.

"You're not coming back."

A statement, not a question, to match the finality in his tone.

"Where will you go?"

"@[Castile]"

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: catch a tide, my dear, and only think of me - by Oceane - 04-24-2020, 08:52 PM