• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

don't threaten me with a good time; Any!
    There were only so many things she felt obligated to do, but unfortunately attending this party had actually been on of those. There’s only so many excuses a woman can make before the press, her boss, and her colleagues would get onto her, all in all - not to mention actual family.

Not that she has any family running around here that she knows of, since she and her sister were adopted honestly, but it was still an obligation.

The fun fact is that normally she’d even have liked to go. Tonight however, she felt tired, and it had nothing to do with the lack of alcohol in her system - or perhaps everything, seeing as that was the only way she and her so-called boyfriend got along these days. She’d have to dump this one soon, too. Not tonight though, as tonight was all about the right image and everything.

The red-haired woman feels older than she looks, though the latter might have something to do with her sun allergy and her reduced skin-aging more than with her actual age. She’d said her hellos and exchanged pleasantries some time before, but she knew leaving this party would probably call unwanted attention to herself. She’d have to stay long enough if she didn’t want to be noticed too much - the irony in that fact did not escape her.

She’d strolled by the pool, even picked up a drink and toast with some of the pool party people, though she didn’t remember their faces, and thankfully they were far enough gone not to notice her that much, or forget by the time they left the party anyway. That had always been her strength - to get noticed when she wanted to, and to slip by when she needed it. She’d picked her long green dress especially for this occasion: contrasting with her hair colour at the party, but dark enough to be able to slipbetween the trees for a moment when she needed it.

Someone else however, had discovered the same relatively peaceful spot - untouched drink still in hand, the white-skinned woman watched the olive-toned beauty, smiling ruefully. ”I guess this means the garden is no longer my own.” she comments softly - just loud enough for the other to hear.

@[Breckin] I felt like reviving your thread <3
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't threaten me with a good time; Any! - by Ilma - 06-09-2020, 04:07 PM