• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

at night you'll live it all again | divest
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

“They are a little heavy,” Gale admits. It’s really his neck that’s sore, he thinks to himself, not really his head. “But I’m sure I’ll get used to them quickly.” He lifts his head up as if to demonstrate he’s already becoming adjusted. He is not, of course, but he had liked the way Divest had said they looked ‘magnificent.’ Maybe she’ll like them from this angle too, and maybe she’ll notice how bright his mane is today. He’d spent a lot of time soaking in the sea to prepare to face the Mountain.

(There hadn’t been sound in the memory, but Gale could remember standing between his siblings. Eyas on the right, Tiercel on the left. Mother would ensure they looked their best, plucking out stray bits of grass and brushing off the mud they always managed to find. Looking nice is important. That might not have been the lesson that the Cleric had been trying to empart, but it is the one that the memory has taught Gale.)

Able to easily put names to his siblings and mother, he still somehow realizes a moment too late that Divest has called him Blue.

“I found out my real name,” he tells her excitedly. “And I found my sister. Eyas. We’re going to find our parents soon!” The bright eyes horse shifts about in the water, enthusiastic and eager to share these new things with his only friend. “My name is Gale. I was born in Loess, and my family lives there. Well, some of them, at least.”

@[Divest]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: at night you'll live it all again | divest - by Gale - 04-18-2020, 08:20 PM