• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Remember not to get to close; Cor, any
    Oddly ordinary, if Osiriis had only known what the other boy thought of him he probably would of hung his head in dismay. Though he was tall, a trait he could attribute to his father, Osiriis was unusually soft and uncertain of himself. He was ordinary, so extremely ordinary it was unfair. His father was crowned with two giant horns and the thickest skin a man could have, a bull in every sense of the word except he wasn't he was a horse. His mother was one with the sea, like apparently every islander was.

Osiriis' vermillion eyes stayed steady on the other boy, admiring and coveting the boys physical attributes all at once. He would give his hulking height and sturdy physic for an ounce of his mother's magic or maybe even his fathers.

Anything that wasn't... ordinary.

His eyes glisten with curiosity as the boy replies, Cormorant he said his name was. It was an interesting name, he wondered momentarily if there was any meaning behind it. His father told him names always hold meanings. His ears shift as the boy continues.

His red gaze darts from the boys to the edge of the island's lush foliage and then back towards his home as Cormorant mentions the sand bars. Of course, Osiriis knew he was right, any other visitor would have waited for the sandbars to emerge and simply walk across. He was tired of walking, of the feeling of sand and hardened magma beneath his hooves.

"Maybe I don't want to be like the other visitors?" though it was ment to come out as a statement the question pounded across his inner consciousness. Who or what did Osiriis want to be like? "I wanted to see where my mother used to call home. She used to lead this Island, she used to protect it. Last I knew this Island was open to all looking to get away from their lives for a bit. Was I mistaken?" the muscles beneath his obsidian and blood red hide rippled with nerves. Where he was once relaxed, now his heart pounded. Maybe he had made a mistake by coming here. His eyes widened in anticipation as he waited for the fish boy, @[Cormorant], to answer.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Remember not to get to close; Cor, any - by Osiriis - 04-21-2020, 08:38 PM