• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  darling, everything's on fire; saphris
    It's a mercy he wasn't expecting to see no disappointment or regret on her face when they take on the smouldering isle. Her delicate touch on his shoulder brought a rush of warmth to his face and belly, the alien nature of physical contact enough to set him spinning. A deep inhale brought his head back to his body, the soft timbre of her voice and it's rather to the point questions drawing him into the mystery of the place. 

Looking from sky to sea to heat-shimmering earth, he puzzled over it. "I really don't know. It's always been mostly empty when I've been here before. Maybe someone just really hated the cold..." But it would take a mad amount of power to do this much damage. Maybe it was several someones? Maybe it was a natural force, a volcano or a lightning storm, or the gods themselves. Anything seemed possible. 

He tore himself from the grim musings at her next question. He'd about forgotten why they'd come in the first place. For the first time since landing a doggish smile lifted his lips. "I don't think they managed to burn the sky. D'you want to look around for a bit until night falls and we can find out?" His feathered wings ruffled absently in the brackish air. 

He'd figured she'd have been right at home among the snow drifts and glittering landscape. Instead, she stood out now as the only really pretty thing in a landscape sorely abused. That she could find beauty in it even now tugged a sharp thing in his chest. 

@[Dove]

Messages In This Thread
    darling, everything's on fire; saphris - by Dove - 03-29-2020, 02:15 AM
    RE: darling, everything's on fire; saphris - by Saphris - 04-14-2020, 07:41 PM