• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  darling, everything's on fire; saphris
    When she told him her means of flying was different, he still hadn't imagined her dissolving into a glittering mist that ebbed and flowed around him before resolving again into herself. His mouth hung open for a moment, wonder lighting his eyes as he absorbed what he'd just seen. 

"You really are just pure starlight, aren't you?" He asked, something like reverence in his voice. He didn't know yet what it meant to worship, but had a feeling that girls made of light and sadness were the kind of thing that would teach him. Ah, but they have places to be and things to see before the day is done, and so he finds his lessons in holy beauty postponed. 

Flying North feels as easy as walking with the wind at their backs. The streak of shimmering light that he can still hardly believe is really Dove follows him like a comet's tail through the clear skies. His heart leaps as it always does when he's airborne. This time, however, it is made even more wonderful with the knowledge that he is not alone. Today, he has someone, and that is as magical as flight. 

The exalted mood draws down a bit as the rugged outline of the island they're after comes into view. It's not shining like he was expecting it to. Instead, a haze of steam and smoke obscures the land, blurring it until they're quite near. And when he brings them into a spiral landing pattern, the earth below is not what he thought it would be. 

Black, grey, muddy brown. The island is a mess of charred trees and melted ice, a far cry from the beauty he'd promised. Hooves sticking in the thick, icy mud, his mouth took on a grim set as Dove whirled back into form beside him. One broad feathered wing slid out to balance her when she looked unsteady, and a wince of dismay cut across his features at her innocent question. 

So much for showing her the wonders of the North. 

"I think... I think we're here. Except this isn't how it was when I was here last. Something's happened to it." He wilted apologetically under her deep blue gaze, hating himself a little for letting this happen. "Letting". As if he'd had any control over it. Whatever it was. Still, it stung him a little bit to have let down Dove. "I'm sorry, i really don't know what's going on. Now you're cold for no reason." He sighed, a gust of cloudy breath illustrating his point. 

@[Dove]

Messages In This Thread
    darling, everything's on fire; saphris - by Dove - 03-29-2020, 02:15 AM
    RE: darling, everything's on fire; saphris - by Saphris - 03-31-2020, 08:23 PM