• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll learn to breathe deep and make peace with the stars; for shah

We're caught in the crossfire

of the war inside our soul

It’s comforting to see the innocence in Phosphor’s open, excited features. To know no shadows darken the corners of his heart like they do Shah’s. To see that, despite everything, he can still protect this one pure soul from the less kind things in life. For a little while at least.

It still pains him that he had not been able to give that to Ion. To know that his absence is his fault.

With Phosphor at least, he had done something right. It is spoken so plainly in the gentle excitement in his eyes and unfettered exuberance of his spirit. It brings a smile to Shah’s lips and a lightness to his heart. For a moment, even a chuckle bubbles from his throat as his son gasps in shocked delight at the revelation of his acquaintance with a dragon.

“A fearsome one at that,” he replies teasingly, gaze warming as he lips gently at the tufts of Phosphor’s mane. Then his voice lowers, as though his next words contain a great secret. “ But I bet if you told him a great joke he’d forget to growl.”

Turning his gaze to Ilka, he presses his lips warmly against the curve of her cheek to hide his grin. Her words of encouragement, timed so perfectly in that uniquely beautiful way she has, bolster Phosphor in the wake of his uncertainty. Chest swelling at the sight, he allows them their moment before adding, “I think you have just the right amount of fluff for the job. What do you say?”
    Shahrizai

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll learn to breathe deep and make peace with the stars; for shah - by Shahrizai - 04-29-2020, 03:30 PM