• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll learn to breathe deep and make peace with the stars; for shah
    He wakes before morning has fully broken, rising beneath a sky still ringed with dark and shadow, with only the narrowest strip of pink gold cracked along the horizon. Sleep falls away from his eyes and his mind, loosed like dust that he shakes free with a quiet little smile. He knows it’s too early to wake mom and dad though - they remind him often to wait to start the day until the sky is full of peach and pink and sleepy cornflower blues. But he doesn’t mind watching the stars fade until they are invisible once more, or the moon, though it stays out longer than the rest. Maybe because it’s so large and so bright.

He lets the chorus of birds wake his parents, though he watches them closely for signs of wakefulness - the twitch of eyelids, the snuffle of a nose, the languid stretching of a long limb. Then he is upon them at once, all full of soft brown eyes and such gentle little baby smiles as he pushes his nose against their sleepy faces in greeting. “I did good.” He says, in case they hadn’t noticed yet. “The sky is pink and everything!” He wilts a little, his face scrunching in soft bashfulness. “Well it’s mostly pink, but the stars are definitely gone.”

Mom laughs, and so he beams at her gentle amusement. “Yes baby, you did so good.” He grins again, tossing his head to throw those cornsilk wisps of forelock away from his eyes as he refocuses on dad who is still not getting up. “Come onnn.” He says, and there is such gentle excitement glowing in those mahogany dark eyes. “You said we could go explore today!” Which he obviously hasn’t forgotten, not for even a second. “I wanna see a dragon!” He whispers this (though the sound is just as loud as when he doesn’t whisper) as though he’s afraid a dragon will come snatch him up if it hears him say so.

Messages In This Thread
    i'll learn to breathe deep and make peace with the stars; for shah - by phosphor - 03-27-2020, 11:15 AM