• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I have never been nothing; lepis, any

DRACARYS

I have never been nothing. I am the blood of a dragon.

The nausea swirled without restrain in her stomach. Her head swarm with feelings of melancholy, the double-edge sword of regret piercing her every thought. Every bone, muscle, and organ in her body felt heavy. Her lungs felt stiff as they took in the air, her heart struggled to keep a steady beat, and her vision became blurry. The uncertainty hung over her like a black cloud, her personal rain cloud as she flew all the way home.

Regret washed over her like the long slow waves on a beach. Each wave was icy cold and sent shivers down her spine. How she longed to go back and do something instead of looking the other way, as if she had not witnessed her grandfather’s madness.

There was no turning back now.

No way to make it right.

Dracarys knew this moment would eat at her every day of her life. She envied the emotionless, the heartless monsters, unable to feel the torments of life in this very moment. Perhaps it was easier to be lifeless as all monsters were.

The first warm colored rays of the sunrise kissed the still dust rocky hills on the horizon. The soft rays, the same ones she woke up every morning to see, to witness their love and care, did not bring her the same feeling. The new day only solidify the reality of what she had witnessed. In the dark there had only been the smell of fire and the destruction, but under the radiating glow of the sun there was no hiding what had already been done.

For a moment, the dragon mare wished that it would sink back down below the horizon. She wished in her heart that there might have been more time, more time to change what had happened, but she knew she couldn’t argue with the sun. A new day had come, and she knew she had to face it head on despite it all.

Descending from the pastel colored sky, her body sliced through the morning clouds. With natural grace, she landed in the center of the hilly terrain near the ever-sparkling fresh water spring, and folded her dragon wings at her side. Her silver-blue eyes glanced around, a sparkle of sadness and determination filled them. More than ever, she wanted answers to what had happened on the frozen island.

@[Lepis] or anyone else that feels like dealing with Dracarys right now haha
    [Image: YJta8td.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    I have never been nothing; lepis, any - by Dracarys - 03-26-2020, 08:05 PM