• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  growing black irises in the sunshine

H A L C Y O N
    no better version of me
    i could pretend to be tonight

Halcyon's natural awkwardness slowly ebbs away as he breaks into a gentle smile at his dam's greeting. Despite his second birthday passing and the way his body thickens with muscle, she is still capable of making him feel like a young cub in the very best way. The tiger leans into her warm touch, allowing a comfortable silence to pass between mother and son as she nibbles endearingly at his shoulder blades.

He asks if she is happy to be home not just to hear her say yes and garner his own comfort from hers, but because he knows she will answer him truthfully. If there is one thing the young boy will never take for granted, it's the truthfulness that he and his dam can share between one another.

His rounded feline ears flick periodically as she answers, and he smiles sheepishly, turning his face up towards her, as she so skillfully puts a finger on how he is feeling. "I'm happy to be... home, I think ─" he stumbles over the word home, finding that it feels awkward to consider Ischia as such, "─ but I'm sad, too. For Al and for Oceane. And for Cormorant," he falters, his own heart affected by how his younger brother had handled the departure from Loess and his new close friend. "But I understand why we left, mom," he blurts quickly, so as not to hurt her feelings. He knows, even in his youth, that her decision to return to Ischia had been a difficult one, "And I think it'll be nice to get to know the island again."

He fills his last statement with so much warmth that something clicks in him and, for the first time, waves of Happiness exude from the tiger involuntarily ─ and if she is open to them, Aquaria will feel them too.

@[Aquaria]

n | f

Messages In This Thread
    growing black irises in the sunshine - by Halcyon - 03-24-2020, 02:29 PM
    RE: growing black irises in the sunshine - by Halcyon - 04-02-2020, 06:24 PM