• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    Ice forged in Fire - Sabrina
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    Seizing her up, it is clear to him that the mare-behind-the-hound may be younger than he first anticipated. Or maybe he’s too old - that is a very real possibility. Nodding to himself as she warily eyes him, too, he decides to shrug it off with a short explanation. ”I’m older than I look. You know what, I’ll explain, because I like your boldness.”

“This Isle has been my home since it was created during the Plague. When my wife decided to quit first on being Queen in Nerine, then on Beqanna as a whole, I left it to Jesper. When I returned, I lived in the only other cold place I could find at the time, though I kept checking in on my friend from time to time. It’s possible that you never noticed. The Isle was quiet - I believe you’re the challenger? - and apparently neither Heartfire nor Neverwhere took an interest. I even spent a whole year near the lake and no-one bothered to say anything, though I spoke to Jes and his daughter a few times. Until he was stolen, of course.”

Castile was my friend once… when he lived in Nerine. When he lived on this very Isle. Seems he forgot about that… and since no-one bothered when he burned this Isle to shit, I figured it needed an intervention.”

He grins a little. ”And I can’t help but feel like the whole of Beqanna, having done nothing about that fire dragon, owes us. A lot - but at the very least bare survival. I could use a hound for sure… if she can keep up with a dragon? What do you think?” Was that agreeable to her? She really wasn’t the first to set foot on this Isle, though he had indeed not been actively living here when she arrived - it’s no wonder she hadn’t recognized him, even if he frequently visited. Too bad she never came that far north that she hadn’t found him when he lived there, as that would have more easily settled this. Nevertheless, it’s his disappointment in the last two queens combined with the shitshow that the Loessian king - well, former king if there were any brains left in that testosterone-fuelled desert - had pulled on them, it was high time he took matters into his own hands. Sabrina was invited to help, if she wanted - who knew what would happen if they got recognized as a more formidable force than ever before; surely her stature could only rise from here on.

Her, his, and really everyone else’s, on this Isle, he believes.

In fact, the Burning of Icicle Isle could go down in history as the perfect foundation for a formidable new kingdom, instead of as the only event to be ever talked about - briefly at that.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Sabrina]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Ice forged in Fire - Sabrina - by Leilan - 03-23-2020, 11:47 AM
    RE: Ice forged in Fire - Sabrina - by Sabrina - 03-27-2020, 08:11 PM
    RE: Ice forged in Fire - Sabrina - by Leilan - 03-29-2020, 06:11 AM
    RE: Ice forged in Fire - Sabrina - by Sabrina - 04-03-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: Ice forged in Fire - Sabrina - by Leilan - 04-04-2020, 04:16 AM