• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    Ice forged in Fire - Sabrina
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    It doesn’t take long for her to show, though it isn’t in a shape he expects. Nevertheless, maybe he shouldn’t be surprised - as he stares the hellhound down, he figures the Isle is secretly full of shifters. Ardashir the Great White Elk, Jesper the Arctic Fox, this girl being a Hellhound, Beryl the Lion… and himself, the Ice Dragon.

The way she acts, she likes to think of herself as top of the food chain, he figures. And without his presence, maybe she was. Fact is though, there isn’t much that could beat a dragon; his mere size would top hers easily if he shifted. He hadn’t always been a shifter though; his scales would be on him no matter where he went, accompanied by his strange eyes, his icy breath, and most of all, a set of pointy, predator teeth where one might expect the blunt molars of a grass-eater.

He shows her these, his grin menacingly as the smile does not reach his cold eyes. She’s the challenger, he thinks - he may have been held up in Hyaline at the time, that doesn’t mean he didn’t know - roughly - what was going on. ”New? Oh, Puppy, I founded this Isle long before you discovered it.” His golden-marked tail sweeps idly towards his hocks, staring over her head for a heartbeat as if contemplating something, then settling back on her as if he didn’t notice her over-achieving mannerisms. ”I do like the sound of ‘king’. Perhaps that’s a goal we might achieve later on.” He tilts his head at her. ”Provided you don’t do anything stupid in the meantime. You look a little… what’s the word… overheated.” A word he’d frequently used to describe Loess’ fire dragon, Castile, when the piebald was still right in his mind. But this time he might actually be able to help the overheated ones chill out a little.

He recognizes the way she moves, talks, and looks around. This girl needs something to do, some way to vent her anger at her home being burned, at her chances of being the leader taken away from her. And since he could not do it directly for inciting some weird anti-Isle politics… perhaps there is something they can help one another with.

Again, provided that she doesn’t do anything stupid.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Sabrina] Sassy give, sassy get
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Ice forged in Fire - Sabrina - by Leilan - 03-23-2020, 11:47 AM
    RE: Ice forged in Fire - Sabrina - by Sabrina - 03-27-2020, 08:11 PM
    RE: Ice forged in Fire - Sabrina - by Leilan - 03-29-2020, 06:11 AM
    RE: Ice forged in Fire - Sabrina - by Sabrina - 04-03-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: Ice forged in Fire - Sabrina - by Leilan - 04-04-2020, 04:16 AM