• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if you give me more time I swear I'll believe; any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    He should have guessed - Ghaul is looking more interesting than the actual horses to the tigress. Every word is going over her head, or perhaps under if her head's in the clouds - and when he doesn't get an answer directly, but she directly speaks to Ghaul about building a new place, the ice dragon loses interest. Fast. Disinterested in the glares that he gets, he scrapes his hooves into the earth and is not quite surprised to find a taloned foot dragging an odd line where his right hoof once stood. He's hungry, moody, and growing impatient.

A new life was literally all he could offer right now, but she turns to the familiar places and familiar faces to get it, instead. "Fire dragon to fire dragon - I can hardly agree that it's an actually new thing for you, but it's your choice." He doesn't say it to change her mind. Just to let her know his boredom and disappointment.

He yawns, then with a snap of his previously-hidden pointy teeth, turns his head to Ghaul to address the barely-adult stoically. "We're opposites. Stay that way." And the hell away from him or his home, too - hopefully the half-dragon understands, but one can never be certain what another hears in his words. At any rate, he's growing more and more impatient - they might understand, he thinks, but that doesn't mean he agrees with either of them, not even with Neverwhere.

Now both claws dig into the earth where hooves stood before, the changes not fully under control yet, and still he holds himself together enough to keep his composure - if only for the few seconds it takes him to turn and leave the group. It's possible that no-one really notices his little changes. It happens - a lot, really. They all seem to think he isn't capable of ripping their throats out in a heartbeat. Think they are faster and better - especially the young one.

But he keeps the ruse - most of it. He doesn't show all of his cards, even if he doesn't know exactly why. His scales harden silently underneath their icy top layer, but he walks away without another word. Only when he's far away enough that they don't really pay attention any more, he lets his wings out, and speeds towards the south-west. The river, after all, usually holds a good catch.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

Not patient enough to stick around for the whole day/probably hangry. @[Neverwhere]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if you give me more time I swear I'll believe; any - by Leilan - 04-25-2020, 07:06 AM