• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if you give me more time I swear I'll believe; any

Hey all you cool cats and kittens,

"I don't know if I can give you a home, belonging is a complicated thing," There is a strange twist in her breast at the thought of it, of her own insistent roots, "But there's no lack of space in Nerine, and nobody who will care too much about what you do with your time, either, if you prefer to be left alone."

Neverwhere says nothing to say she even notices when Ghaul draws up from behind her, no twitch of lips or ears or eyes as he presses into the tigress with a familiar greeting - after all neither his occasional chatter nor the heft of him could be considered conducive to sneaking and so his appearance comes as no surprise. It does not trouble her much to be followed by him, for all his draconic monstrosity, though when he tries to lip her ear she aims a nip at his chest, teeth glancing harmlessly off the golden scales.

"I don't care where you go," she hisses at him, "but touch my ears again and I will let Brazen and Eurwen crush you like they wanted to do in the first place."

It's an empty threat, both because her only real control over either of them is some nebulous title that she does little to reinforce, and also because it's as likely to make him do it again as the opposite, but her face tightens into a threatening sneer and she shakes her head, turning cloudy eyes away from her giant scaled stalker to the simply large scaled stallion that has taken over her Northern territory. At him she merely blinks slow and languid as a cat, unbothered by his antics. He does love to talk, though, and Neverwhere settles back slightly, lips pressed into a firm line, while he identifies Sochi as Castile's former consort. She wonders, idly, whether their separation came before or after the destruction of the Isle, but she suppresses the thought, letting Leilan lead the questioning.

A home, she had said, and a magic entity. Neverwhere shrugs to herself and considers not touching on the subject. It always comes back to magic. Beqanna poisons them all. It twists them, like Ghaul, it transforms them, like Sochi and Leilan, shifting back and forth and phasing through their various shapes. Magic gives them the ability to control, to see, to heal, and even she has proven not to be immune to the grip of it, though the multitudes within her are well hidden from others for the time being, though she still finds it breed misgivings in the darkest parts of her soul. She breathes deeply through ruined nostrils.

"Is this entity looking for something so simple as a home, too?"

That bitch, Neverwhere

Image by MillionAshes

@[ghaul]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if you give me more time I swear I'll believe; any - by Neverwhere - 04-10-2020, 11:41 PM