• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a relit cigarette never tastes the same; any

a relit cigarette never tastes the same

The darkness does not frighten her.

Instead, it calls to her, as it has done all of her life.

It calls to that feral, primal piece of her heart. It awakens every wild part of her soul and ignites a fire in the very marrow of her bones. The shadows beckon her, their inky fingers sliding over her delicate frame with the precision of a past lover. The invitation is clear, though not a word is spoken. It hangs heavy in the air, almost visible through the lightly falling snow. But she has no answer to the looming question.

At least, not the right answer. Not anymore.

She cannot offer the darkness the same things she once could. She only has herself; her true self, and not the savage creature a kingdom once created. Those tendencies are still there, though the actuality is much different. Despite that, she is still fond of the darkness. She is still a creature of the night, a friend of the shadows and the mysteries they hold.

She has no home to call her own, no home except the shadows. And so there she stands. There she will stay. With the hissing of the snow the only noise, and her clear blue eyes the only light, she stays. The shadows are all she has left.

Topsail

and that’s all I‘ll preach about rekindling old flames

ooc- this is crap, but please bare with me while i get back in the swing of things Smile

Messages In This Thread
    a relit cigarette never tastes the same; any - by Topsail - 03-05-2020, 11:23 PM