• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  kingdom meeting
    If ever you come near I'll hold up high a mirror
    OphaniM
    Ophanim had every intention of simply remaining at home with the children while his wife attended whatever meeting there was, but Malone had been too angry to simply sit and wait for whatever news there may be. Now, he walks alongside his eldest son and he listens carefully as the golden star boy vents his rage. Where had they been when Alcinder had been taken captive? Why did no one come for them except Starsin? Did no one care that he or the younger boy were gone? These questions tumble carelessly from his lips and the angel nods gently in understanding. He wants to make excuses for them or explain but it seems it would do little good to quell the inferno.

Your mother and I tore your captor apart and Starsin got you home. I know it was awful, but you’re with us now,” he says softly before gently bumping Malone’s cheek with his nose. But the boy only sighs in agitation and nods. “I know. I just don’t.. Why stir the pot when we were captives?”

But Ophanim has no answers. He frowns and takes his place beside his wife, letting his shoulder lean lightly on hers as she speaks. All the tension makes him nervous while Malone snorts at her words in agreement.

The angel boy winces when Lepis mentions the women murdered yet he remains silent. He has grown more and more gentle with time and he prefers to avoid drawing any attention to himself. Their firstborn, however, steps forward and clears his throat. It’s evident by the scowl on his face that he is angry enough as it is. His eye remains discolored from his encounter with the Pangeans with the corner of his lip recovering in an unsightly shade of burgundy.

“I support your bid for the crown so long as we end this bullshit between Loess and Pangea. They thrive on chaos and we’ve done nothing but earned their aggressions,” he says, his tone biting and coarse. The other kingdoms are nothing to them but toys to be poked and prodded, all except Tephra who swore allegiance to the monsters. Ophanim swallows nervously and looks to Starsin, his brows furrowed in concern. The eastern kingdom taught their child rage when they had been so careful to bring him up right. His heart twists in his wife’s chest and breaks itself in two.
    Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as you.

Messages In This Thread
    kingdom meeting - by Lepis - 03-03-2020, 08:57 AM
    RE: kingdom meeting - by Alcinder - 03-03-2020, 10:08 AM
    RE: kingdom meeting - by Lepis - 03-04-2020, 02:09 PM
    RE: kingdom meeting - by Starsin - 03-04-2020, 03:46 PM
    RE: kingdom meeting - by Lepis - 03-05-2020, 08:07 AM
    RE: kingdom meeting - by Castile - 03-05-2020, 09:40 AM
    RE: kingdom meeting - by Ophanim - 03-05-2020, 06:07 PM
    RE: kingdom meeting - by Lepis - 03-07-2020, 08:58 AM