• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  To leave behind a little proof // Any
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    As the scaled figure sits there, the woman - including the spear - whom he addresses doesn’t seem too grateful. In fact she seems rather cross with him, a fact that he initially can’t get quite behind, but to be honest he had already expected it; she would be one of those to ask for one thing and mean another, then get upset as his misinterpretation. Still he’d hoped to catch her a little more off-guard with the little joke, as usually, upset horses couldn’t help but crack a miniature smile when he distracted them that way.

Not Sabra: she doesn’t get easily distracted, which would have been admirable in literally any situation where he was not the subject of her anger. She’s furious. Thunder rolls and the mare attacks him, and the male is super glad that his shifting is enough out of control, that his body is still draconic - his scales protect most of him, though when she tries (hindered by the spear, thank goodness) for his wings he shifts them away uneasily. She also yells about killing horses who are clearly not in their right mind, and though he looks very uneasy, his mind dares to wander to perhaps doing exactly that once more, if only to break free of her - but he knows it’s only a temporary solution, and he can’t run away forever.

So, he restrains himself from that idea, but he does answer her coolly while she feasts her hooves upon his unfeeling scales. ”I know you’re immortal, Sab. And if I may say so, you look a lot better now,” he says. Arguably that is, as she looks physically hurting, which may or may not be the only reason she hadn’t flown up to take an eye out, or something; so far, she’s leaving him relatively unscathed. ”Much more like your old self.” he finishes the thought hopefully before she gets into another fit, but can’t help to smile. Yes. Definitely like she should be. Completely normalled-out. Taking on dragons and all that.

When she finally notices her teeth not hurting him, or perhaps she just wants to out more of her frustrations because she has more to say - she continues with the cave. Perplexed, he bows his head to stare directly at her - thankfully her energy is dying down. ”You’d rather have the vermin eat you, and I should just leave your body to rot away?” Seriously? Was all that dragging her to a safe place and not eating her and even preventing her from being eaten by other things - all that he did to preserve her and have her return as healthily as one could - that got her extra ANGRY with him?

Really?

”That’s the last time I’m granting a request from you, for sure.” Were he still a horse, he would have snorted - now, it’s a similar sound but she gets sprinkled with tiny snowflakes. His tone is again, or still (what’s the difference in his case) not entirely serious: it’s likely that he would actually do something else for her if she asked, as a way of making it up to her.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Sabra]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    To leave behind a little proof // Any - by Sabra - 03-02-2020, 09:19 PM
    RE: To leave behind a little proof // Any - by Leilan - 03-06-2020, 03:17 PM