• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  ive never fallen from quite this high | aegean
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

Aegean’s heart hammers against his chest.

Can Pteron hear it?

He wonders if there is some echo of it in the world around them. If perhaps they are surrounded by the memory of it, even as they live within it. He feels it like a rhythm on the tip of his tongue—this dance that they both engage in. It’s beautiful in its delicacy. Beautiful in the way that it comes together in such impossible elegance and he wishes he could hold it. Wishes that he could capture it here forever.

But it melts like snow on the tongue.

His purple eyes swing upward as he looks toward Pteron, memorizing all of the fine details of him, wondering if he would ever be able to recreate something so desperately dear to him. There is relief that the other is not angry at his attempts—does not begrudge him his efforts at soothing a wounded heart—but it does nothing to stop the jackhammer of his pulse. Does nothing to stop the riptide of want.

When Pteron speaks again, when the truths spill out and over him, Aegean gulps for air. He feels it explode in his lungs, his mind suddenly impossibly clear. He says nothing as he finally closes the gap between them, each step intentional and direct. When he is close enough to catch the sweet scent of Pteron, he reaches forward and takes the kiss that he has dreamt so long of having.

His white lips graze over Pteron’s and the illusions that he has bottled inside of his chest explode outward. The world goes dark as a brilliant array of colors flash outward and then drip down slowly.

He feels the pulse of light against the back of his eyelids, but he sees nothing but Pteron.

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ive never fallen from quite this high | aegean - by aegean - 04-20-2020, 09:19 PM