• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd like to phone a friend

— I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night —

It is such a small thing, having a friend greet her with a gentle bump of her nose, but it has a significant effect on Agetta. It warms her so thoroughly she’s sure she can feel it in her heart. How did she survive so long on her own without these little things? She didn’t know how much she missed just having a friend until she found one again. Didn’t know how dark those years were until they were put in contrast with the small acts of love she was surrounded with now.

Even in her present, confusing and shameful circumstance she wouldn’t choose to go back for anything.

During the moment where Ryatah just stares at her, Agetta goes over what she asked in her head - wondering if it made any sense. Or perhaps the word ‘cocksucker’ was just so awful, so extremely unheard of by all of polite society, that she had stunned Ryatah into silence just by uttering it outloud.

Thankfully, the moment does not last forever. The laughter from her friend startles her and Agetta feels a rush of embarrassment, though she cannot help but smile along too. She’s distracted from noticing that Ryatah really answer the question except vaguely, though, and she cannot help but huff a bit at the memory of who incited this inquiry in the first place. “Some winged jerk, I couldn’t believe some of the words he was saying. It not being a compliment seems to fit.” She hadn’t heard so many curse words strung together in such a short period of time before in her life - which, long as it was, was saying something.

She still prickled at the memory of being called boring for admitting that very thing out loud.

“I accidentally blinded him for a moment and he was a big baby about it, but thankfully our conversation ended soon after. It was tempting to blind him again on purpose though, I will say that much.” Though she's smiling by now, there's enough of an edge to her voice to make it clear she's far from joking.

Agetta

art by millionashes | table by laura

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd like to phone a friend - by Agetta - 02-26-2020, 09:10 PM
    RE: I'd like to phone a friend - by Ryatah - 03-01-2020, 10:31 PM
    RE: I'd like to phone a friend - by Agetta - 04-21-2020, 11:52 PM