• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  give me hope in the darkness; Wolfbane/Lepis/Castile/Jesper?
    The black did not hold any grudges. Well, except for maybe Carnage but, how could he forgive him for all of the damage he did (and, continues to do). He certainly did not resent Brennen for not being able to protect him. Ever since the brotherhood disbanded from Ischia, Jesper considered himself self-sufficient. He went on to establish a home for himself, establish a family and, subsequently, a home for his loved ones. He considered himself solely responsible of his life for quite some time now. He would hate for his grandsire to blame himself for this sentence he will serve.

When the shrill scream richochets off of the knolls of Loess, Jesper lifts his poll. That voice is unmistakenable. Brennen is here. The black shuffles into motion, having quickly discovered that he was not restricted to the red-sided ravine Wolfbane brought him to initially. Quad limbs execute a light trot to prove that both his physical and mental spirits are unharmed. His balanced stride navigates the uneven ground with ease.

As his unshod hooves push off of the earth, Jesper feels the pulse of magic that he knows belongs to Brennen. He locks in on his cologne now: sea salt and tropics laced with brine and ice. A unique mixture but, no doubt Brennen's scent. A few more bouncy strides deliver him to the spot where the winged mahogany stallion trembles with rage. Jesper offers a warm smile and pricked ears. His eyes are bright blue and his head is held high with pride and hope. He would survive. If there is one thing his stay in Sylva had taught him, he will endure whatever Loess has in store for him.
    Settling into a smooth halt before the majestic water-mage, he speaks in a reassuring tone. "I know it will be okay. Don't worry about me." This is not just Jesper putting on a brave face. The fox-shifter is smarter now and, he has overcome all of his fears so far.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; Wolfbane/Lepis/Castile/Jesper? - by Jesper - 02-06-2020, 06:00 PM