• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel trouble on the rise | oceane

O C E A N E

There comes a time, after Oceane's heartbeat has steadied to its normal pace and her ducts have dried themselves of any more tears, that the opalescent woman finally finds the ambition to fold her massive feathered wings back to her sides and shift her weight to her shaky, aching legs. When finally she has risen, the Loessian woman shakes the stiffness from her joints and turns her puffy amber eyes to the moonlit sky.

She watches what she can see of the grey clouds as they sweep in front of the silvered moon before turning her gaze back to the dun friend at her side. Stronger than you look, Lepis says, and Oceane almost smiles; she feels a kinship forming with the Cleric and wonders if it's because they have both endured the flames of hell.

"Thank you," she says again once Lepis' speech has faded to silence, "For your friendship. I─" she starts to mention their last full conversation, wants to tell the Cleric that she had sought out Sochi to tell her about Alcinder, but those things are not important now. Later, she thinks, she will tell the blue-accented mare about that conversation.

"Should we find Castile? To tell him about the red-eyed intruder?"

@[Lepis]
    " "

n | t
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    i feel trouble on the rise | oceane - by Lepis - 02-04-2020, 08:02 PM
    RE: i feel trouble on the rise | oceane - by Oceane - 02-17-2020, 09:32 AM