• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Back and forth; any

A L C I N D E R
    i go to seek a great perhaps
    There's a brief wave of something akin to annoyance that crosses the ice-stallion's face, but Alcinder pays it no attention. He barrels forward, sliding to a stop in front of the man and questions him about Loess; he has no time to waste here, no opportunity to use the manners that his Mama had continually prompted him to learn in his first few weeks of life. He knows she will forgive him, anyway, if this unknown stallion before him tells Oceane of the painted colt's lack of manners ─ he is, after all, forsaking them to return to her as swiftly as he can. He ears flick at a statement he doesn't understand, watching expectantly as pensiveness crosses over the stallion's face, and then ─ Oceane?

"Yes!" Alcinder squeals as this stranger-who-smells-like-home mentions his Mama. But then his excitement is gone just as swiftly as it had come when the nameless stallion tells him that he can't return home immediately. Confused, the painted colt purses his lips and pulls his oversize wings tight to his sides. "I would like to go home, Sir. Even if you could just show me the direction to go in─" the boy's throat tightens around his words and he coughs to push beyond the panic that threatens to rise in his chest.

"My mama will protect me when I get back, so it's okay if I go straight there. My daddy will, too, and he's a dragon, so I will be safe." He forces a hopeful, innocent smile at the man and shifts his weight from side to side, though occasionally his silver eyes flick to search the forest again for any sign of the claw-footed man or the aliens. He sees nothing, yet, but he knows he may not be this lucky forever. "Please?"

@[Leilan]
    ""

neamrel
    i have slipped the surly bonds of earth
    and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings

Messages In This Thread
    Back and forth; any - by Leilan - 02-04-2020, 04:53 PM
    RE: Back and forth; any - by Alcinder - 02-11-2020, 04:05 PM
    RE: Back and forth; any - by Leilan - 02-11-2020, 04:05 PM
    RE: Back and forth; any - by Alcinder - 02-16-2020, 07:13 PM
    RE: Back and forth; any - by Leilan - 02-18-2020, 09:49 AM