• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Back and forth; any

A L C I N D E R
    i go to seek a great perhaps
    As soon as night falls, he runs for his life.
    More specifically ─ he flies.

And he goes, his blue-and-white feathered wings flapping despite his growing fatigue and the fiery burn in his muscles, until he can fly no more. Alcinder’s landing is not graceful, displaying for all the lack of practice he has with his wings, but still he remains unscathed save for the places where the Forest’s branches grasped hungrily for him as his falling body rocketed between their gnarled fingers. It’s with a loud thud that he lands upon the Forest floor. It’s still dark here, the rising sun not yet capable of reaching the earth, and Alcinder waits upon the summer-softened pine needles with wide, exploratory eyes and an adrenaline-fueled heartbeat.

Finally, after a countless number of minutes, he feels safe enough to move again; he rises hesitantly to his lanky appendages as quietly as can be, his silvered eyes darting here and there for the claw-footed beast or the Pangean aliens as he settles into the quiet of the Forest.

They do not appear to be here, and he cannot smell them on the summer wind ─
    Finally, for the first time in months, he expels a sigh of relief.

But now that he has escaped from the well-guarded border of his sandstone canyon cell, Alcinder must find his way home. And, if his affinity for getting himself lost in the canyon tunnels of Pangea is any indicator, finding Loess won’t be as simple as walking in one direction until he just happens to find it. Taking a deep breath, the opaline colt looks from east to west and back again before nearly jumping out of his skin ─

Alcinder’s silver eyes meet with the ice-encrusted stallion’s blue ones, and for a moment his muscles grow taut with the intention of sprinting into the Forest, but then ─ “You smell like Loess!” the young colt exclaims, unable to keep the hope from seeping into his words.

“Can you help me? My name is Alcinder, and I’m trying to get home to my mom.”

@[Leilan]
    Escape attempt!""

neamrel
    i have slipped the surly bonds of earth
    and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings

Messages In This Thread
    Back and forth; any - by Leilan - 02-04-2020, 04:53 PM
    RE: Back and forth; any - by Alcinder - 02-11-2020, 04:05 PM
    RE: Back and forth; any - by Leilan - 02-11-2020, 04:05 PM
    RE: Back and forth; any - by Alcinder - 02-16-2020, 07:13 PM
    RE: Back and forth; any - by Leilan - 02-18-2020, 09:49 AM