• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Never land inside my hand; Alcinder, any

A L C I N D E R
    i go to seek a great perhaps
    Despite the turn of the season and the bright golden sunlight that washes over Pangea's sandstone canyons for the majority of the day, there is something about the territory that Alcinder still associates with cold darkness. He avoids the claw-footed stallion and glowing angel-dragon as much as possible ─ they (he tries not to think of them by name when he can help it) leave a sickly, astringent feeling in the pit of his stomach, and even though he has been treated quite well since arriving in the canyon territory, the memory of the stallion injuring the black-and-gold colt on their first night away from Loess still echoes in his head.

Quite adventurous for his age, the tobiano pegasi has slipped away from the heart of Pangea for the day and moved towards the outskirts; he thinks of heading towards the border, running until his too-long legs or too-large wings give out, but he's still unsure which direction his Mama's home is in, and the thought of getting lost or finding another creature like the horn-eyed stallion makes him nervous. So he sticks to the periphery of the canyon, sandstone on one side and distant mountains on the other, until his bright silver eyes alight on a glowing ivory figure in the distance.

Alcinder's heart drops for a moment, worried that he has happened upon the angel-dragon too far from the center of the canyon, but as the woman grows closer he realizes that she is not the wife of the claw-footed man. Smiling hesitantly, nervously, at the woman, Alcinder approaches with quiet steps. His nostrils flare at the unfamiliar scents that cling to her ─ she has ventured the whole of Beqanna, if his nose does not deceive him, and suddenly he wonders, with his small blue-and-white head cocked to the side:

"Are you... are you Ilma?" he asks, voice quiet and unsure, as he gazes upon the winged woman.

@[Ilma]
    "SPEECH"

neamrel
    i have slipped the surly bonds of earth
    and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Never land inside my hand; Alcinder, any - by Alcinder - 02-04-2020, 03:47 PM