• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  give me hope in the darkness; Neverwhere/Lilliana
    She isn’t sure if it is rage or magic that sends a prickling sensation down her spine.

(Does it matter? Both are as unfamiliar to her as the scent of ice and snow that had clung to the black stallion and as Brennen is to her. Her mind is spinning and turning and in the odyssey that her soul travels, the only thing that Lilliana can feel is a black swirling anger that she could drown in.)

Her blue eyes - normally a bright, luminous shade of open sky - remain trained on a single white vein in the granite stone beneath her hooves. Lilliana - normally so courteous and so polite - can’t bring herself to look at the Magician though she had felt his magic wrap around her certainly enough. Had this been any other conversation, that alone would have intrigued her.

But as it is, her head looks down and her curling forelock affords her a moment of privacy as she tries to reel in all that anger.

It doesn’t work.

The stallion taken is Brennen’s grandson. There is a fury simmering beneath his bay coat that is reactive and it charges the storm warring in her chest and the chestnut loses her battle. It comes bursting out when Lilliana suddenly glances up with sharp, seething rage. "Loess,” she says, "can sink to the bottom of the damn ocean.” It can do many, many more things but she manages to curb her tongue on that particular subject.

Lilliana swallows the stone of emotion lodged in her throat, one she blatantly refuses to acknowledge and one that forces her to listen instead. The Nerinian queen is deft at explaining the current situation between Nerine and Loess that involves her redwood home. The Taigan mare feels oddly detached as Neverwhere explains that Heartfire and Lepis have done their part escalating a conflict that has been teetering on one edge or another for the past four years.

Her ears move, catching the outlines of the remaining words exchanged but the chestnut woman is already gone. Her gaze returns to Brennen, her thoughts only present enough to wish him, ”Fair winds, Magician.” A glance is exchanged with Neverwhere and Lilliana merely nods to her leader, "If you’ll excuse me, my lady.”

And then with a turn, she goes.

ooc - she literally has nothing to add that but wanted to throw something up for you both.

@[Brennen] @[Neverwhere]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; Neverwhere/Lilliana - by lilliana - 02-19-2020, 01:31 PM