• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  give me hope in the darkness; Neverwhere/Lilliana
    It didn't surprise her to find Wolfbane in Nerine, and it didn't surprise her, either, that Loess would try to steal Brennen away, though Jesper's involvement befuddles her. She knows him so poorly, only as the leader of the silent, frozen Isle and Brennen's grandson. Perhaps that relation is reason enough, family is so often a vulnerability.

He was almost successful, too. She cannot say if it was the distraction provided by herself and Lilliana, happening on the scene furious and defiant, or some other trick of Beqanna or the Fairies, but Brennen is able to break free, able to protect himself and them, but not his grandson. Lilliana's scowl as she attempts to block the cursed stallion from leaving with his prize surprises her and she wishes that it did not. That he would work for Loess surprises her as well. He is chaos, she thinks darkly, as the strange pair disappear into the dust and fog of the distant Taigan forest. She had joked when she told Lepis that she wouldn't put setting a curse on Nerinian soil past her, but it was not because she didn't believe the Loessian Cleric capable of attempting the maneuver. She had doubted her ability to make Wolfbane listen, though. What is he playing at? She wonders if he will still be wearing his own skin when he returns, and what his welcome will be.

Lilliana is red fury beside her, and Brennen, cold. She tosses her head, flipping the messy tendrils of her pale mane out of her face so that she can see more clearly, eyes narrowed as he questions her.

"Not me, Nerine. They don't care two wits about me." she glances back to the pegasus, tearing her eyes from the middle distance that no longer holds the silhouettes of Wolfbane and Jesper, "Heartfire and Lepis both have more pride than sense. They've prodded Castile onto a path to claim Taiga as his own."

The dragon will not be turned away, she suspects. Not easily, at any rate.

"Brennen--" there is a thawing to the coldness of her voice, she spares a glance at Lilliana. Does she know about the curse? "Be careful. Nerine is going to need you, and Wolfbane is... not himself. He is going to be a problem."

Neverwhere

@[Brennen] @[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; Neverwhere/Lilliana - by Neverwhere - 02-16-2020, 05:14 PM