• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  I have never been nothing; jesper, any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    She’s a funny little thing, this clearly-not-his-line little dragongirl; an anomaly really. She smells thick of Loess, or perhaps of the Loessian king who is probably her relative. She doesn’t respond to his little comment - so meaningless and so meaningful - like most would; scoffing something about how he is obviously not related to her, nor telling him he should keep track of his offspring...instead, she wonders if it’s a good or a bad thing. ”You tell me. Can you handle all this ice after being pampered there in Loess?” he asks her.

He doesn’t really expect a serious answer; the young Lady is approaching. Turning his ears back to her first, then his colour-changing eyes, he awaits the official greetings with some sort of dismissive impatience. He’s not here to welcome any visitors diplomatically, he’s here visiting himself, technically. ”How’s the new living space, Jesla?” he wonders. Did it still stand or would it need reinforcements?

It’s like visiting your mother’s old house, and it hadn’t moved since birth - still feels like coming home on some days, but on other days, when staying too long you feel like running away. And yet, it seems that old habits die hard, and he can fall in line to take care of the Isle that was once his (still kinda feels that way sometimes, when Jesper’s not around as a reminder), to guard it against ill-willed invaders. This Loessian girl though… she might be something else.

The bluish girl claims she wasn’t sure she came to the right place, which unfortunately gets her a chuckle from the ice dragon. ”You missed out on the cold and the snow of this island somehow? Or was that not obvious enough?” He tilts his head, a mischievous gleam now accompanied by a blue-and-green mix of his eyes. ”I’m sure you’re welcome to stay and watch the Northern Lights. Maybe they’ll help you find out where you are. Who knows, perhaps you belong here more than in the south?” He shakes his crest to rearrange his golden mane.

”Leilan. Say hi to Cas for me when you get back. After all, this was his home once.” Though strictly speaking, perhaps the fire dragon never really thought of it as a former home, it’s not like Leilan to leave the opportunity to give his southern-bound friend a little bit of a message.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Dracarys]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I have never been nothing; jesper, any - by Leilan - 02-23-2020, 12:31 PM