• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if i come without a thing, i come with all i need.
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    His grin fades when she replies, as though she has never known safety. His expression does not sour but rather takes on a look of innocent curiosity. Had Nerine not been her nest, the place she felt safe to breathe between the chaos of this world? It had never occurred to him that perhaps others do not find the same relief he does in the canyons of Pangea. A kind of chittering forms in the back of his throat, so quiet it might be easily missed, as he mulls over the thought a little longer.

Why does Nerine not feel safe to you?” he finally asks, tilting his great head. “In Pangea, we are one family. They are my brothers and sisters, by blood or by bond.

And this much is true. While Draco and Darkling are his siblings through birth, he has come to accept Greta and the aliens as his siblings simply because he has grown to care for them. Even Gospel is his sister in his mind, even while she spits venom at him and curses him for leaving her alone for so long. This means, of course, that they each defend one another with a ferocity that is unmatched in other regions.

She does not gnash her teeth beneath his touch and he wonders what other oddities this woman is hiding. Brine does not behave in any sort of way he expects but the surprise is pleasant. When she bristles at his words, he laughs and settles in beside her, relaxing completely at last.

Maybe you will like Pangea without being captive. Gospel left the north for this place when she was small,” he explains, as though she has any clue who he’s speaking of. He pauses for a long while, turning his head to observe his home and the various outlines that wander about. The hunger in his belly has quieted as their conversation twists and turns, making it easier to think. “What do you think of when you say safe?
    @[Brine]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if i come without a thing, i come with all i need. - by ghaul - 02-19-2020, 01:43 PM