• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh, the devil's inside, ten
    He had thought he’d grown skilled enough in the use of his power to avoid little mistakes like this. Turns out, he was wrong. Very, very wrong. One could only hope one day she might forgive him for it. For now though, he doesn’t have the time to worry about that.

“Ummmmm,” he begins uncertainly, glancing around agitatedly, as though the creature might burst through at any minute. Which, it might. But he definitely did not want to alarm her by sharing that information. Blowing out a breath, he rallies his ability once more, wrapping her up in it purposefully this time as it sucks them through to a new world.

Two suns beat abruptly down on them, blinding after the dark midnight purple of the previous world. Surrounding them is a field of flowers in a myriad of brilliant colors, swaying despite a notable lack of breeze. Safe for now. Hopefully, the decidedly unfriendly alien would take a while to trace him here across the universe. At least long enough for him to explain the situation. And maybe figure out what the heck he was going to do. Or say.

“Uh, sorry. I was being followed, and, um, yeah that was an accident.” He grins sheepishly, his expression apologetic before quickly adding, “I’ll get you home though!” That last thing he needed was her running off. Although, after all that, he couldn’t exactly blame her if she did.

As he’d spoken, the swaying flowers had slowly begun to cluster closer, their gentle, subtle movement producing an almost lulling murmur. The colorful little plants seem to clamor around them excitedly, clinging and pressing up legs and bellies. Realizing belatedly that she probably had no clue what they were doing and may find it alarming, he hastily continues, “I’ve been here before, they’re friendly.” Flinching as one tickles at a sensitive spot, he bites back a laugh, trying not to squirm in front of her. Suddenly, he shoves his head down into the swarming flowers, coming back up a moment later with a face full of clinging, brightly coloured plants. “See?” he says brightly, grinning. “I’m Ten, by the way.”
    TEN

Messages In This Thread
    oh, the devil's inside, ten - by lilian - 01-27-2020, 12:45 AM
    RE: oh, the devil's inside, ten - by Ten - 02-05-2020, 04:25 PM
    RE: oh, the devil's inside, ten - by lilian - 02-20-2020, 01:26 PM
    RE: oh, the devil's inside, ten - by Ten - 02-24-2020, 05:40 PM