• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Gale

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

Doubting herself had been a favorite pastime of hers, ever since Blue had left. Eyas doubted at first her own abilities, then the validity of that power and finally, her own spirit. What good were her gifts if they couldn’t show her the one horses she wanted to see? And later, after meeting Set by the River and using his magic to view her own soul, Eyas wondered heavily if she was predestined for a life filled with the dark arts. That maybe @[Gale]’s death and everything that came after it was just a product of some latent evil inside of her, playing catch-up.

It only takes Blue’s touch to wipe away those fears. He wraps his neck over hers and the years of personal torment wash clean away, reminding Eyas of her inherent goodness and simultaneously the limitless value of their shared, natural-born powers. The pressure of his embrace squeezes hot tears into the corners of her eyes, and Eyas soaks in the quiet moments happily. She feels immeasurably blessed. Without thinking, her lips skimmed over his neck and up to tug possessively at his mane. Their father’s mane. It was an old habit resurfacing; for years now Eyas has shied away from physical contact but she remembers nearly always being close enough to touch (or be touched by) her favorite triplet.

She can’t possibly read his mind, but Eyas thinks she can sense the unspoken question - along with a very brief sort of hesitation - behind Blue’s touch when he comes across her ‘body art’. He surprises her by not asking outright… she would tell him anything, now. But she was too happy to care much. His existence was proof they had a literal eternity to catch up. “I can’t predict the future,” She indulges with a smile, leaving his mane alone at present, “but more than likely yes.”

“I’m sure it’ll be because of them.” She elaborates with a pleasant sigh. It would be easier to relay the past few years through sight-memory directly to him instead of trying to explain a convoluted mess, but Eyas thought a large dose might be off-putting. “Things are complicated in our family right now Blue.” Eyas did her best to summarize.

“When I go,” She turned the tables quick enough, picking up where she left off with his mane except this time, Eyas busied herself preening the feathers at the crook of Blue’s wing, “would you want to go with me? To see mom again, and dad too?”

EYAS

► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 09:32 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 01-24-2020, 07:49 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:54 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 02-02-2020, 07:05 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 02-06-2020, 08:52 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 02-06-2020, 09:55 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 02-06-2020, 11:01 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 02-11-2020, 08:27 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 02-19-2020, 03:14 PM