• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hands that kiss hymns up your sides.
    SabbatH
    i'll let you play the role. i'll be your animal.
    She had promised herself that she would never get attached again, that the males of her species were only ever good for a twenty-four hour period. It had been so easy with Ivar that she genuinely believed in herself for a flickering moment of time. But Tarnished couldn’t just leave her alone after their coupling and her little fawn heart had gotten so soft for him. Did the way she snapped her teeth and warn him to stay away only lure him deeper into her clutches? Or maybe it was the way she spat venom at his eyes when he stared at her for too long.

These thoughts become a jumbled mess between her fingers when the first contraction settles into her hips. She swallows hard and pauses but the pain is brief, already gone by the time she braces herself for it. Meraki had woven a little den for her from the Tephran jungle vines and even adorned her nest with flowers like the ones their mother wore. Sabbath hurries to it, fearful of the next wave of aching pain to come smashing through her.

The serpent woman lowers herself to the floor of dead leaves and grasses just as the next contraction sinks its ragged claws into her lower back. Her breath shudders and then she waits. Hours pass. The sun dips beneath the horizon when the ache becomes nearly continuous for her. It hardly takes as long for her mane to stick to her neck with sweat or her breaths to become deep and terrified. Sabbath closes her eyes and prays softly as their first child slips from her. When she opens them, the filly is crying quietly for her with little shadow wings fluttering in fear.

She laughs and kisses her newborn daughter’s face eagerly from temple to nose. The tiny nub of a horn dots her forehead and Sabbath wonders at how her heart does not burst at the sight of her. “Reign. Reign because you are the princess of my life,” she explains gently before unleashing another shower of kisses across her cheeks.

But she knew she was much too wide for just one child this size to grow within her, and she is reminded with another jolt of pain in her hips. Their son comes much easier, ink black with scaled wings to match his sister. She is exhausted but she pushes herself to show him the same adoration she gave to Reign just moments prior. Her lips find his small brow and she nuzzles him sweetly when he gives his first cries.

Eucharist. My precious boy,” she whispers to him as she gathers the strength to stand. Her legs tremble for a moment before she steadies, lifting her head to find Tarnished standing before them at the opening to their den. The twins sniff at each other and test their newborn legs while she rushes forward with snapping jaws. These are her children, she reminds herself as venom pools across her tongue.

Leave before I feed you to my sisters,” she warns as she spits the venom toward his face. She keeps her voice low in an effort to not startle the babies behind her, the words ultimately leave her in a hiss. “This place is for family, and you are not welcome here.

She keeps her head lowered and poised to strike, legs splayed just enough to afford her a little balance as she remains between him and the shuffling newborns.
    @[Tarnished]

Messages In This Thread
    hands that kiss hymns up your sides. - by Sabbath - 01-16-2020, 11:04 PM