• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Everything about me seems to have changed || Any at all ||

She’s never been here before, never really had the interest or the inclination. But she fancies that it would be nice to show up to her new home with a hostess gift for that clever dappled mare who helped spin her and her family into the monsters they are today.

It is difficult to eye the bodies present and consider their potential as living entities rather than their potential as a filling snack. She is, vaguely, aware that Anaxarete has made a command that no one in Pangea should be harmed and she is curious about whether that commitment has settled on her yet. And where the boundaries of Pangea lie. The picture of caverns and rocks does not fit this field so she feels as though she is safe in wondering what those here might taste like.

For example, does the winged stallion taste like a bird or like a horse? What of his companion? She caught a snake once in her life and it nearly constricted her neck before she bit off its head.

The effort was barely worth the meal, but she enjoys trying new things. Never know when you might discover a new favourite, after all.

(I know Larva doesn’t have his snakiness but damn did I not want to delete that once it was written so YOLO)

Fortunately for herself, the impulse to leap into the conversation teeth-first is one that is easily squashed. She is different from her mother, after all, though she wears a similar skin.

A mare joins the trio and this Monster-hybrid almost turns around. She’s not entirely sure she’s prepared for a group conversation. Giving up, however tempting and smart it may be, had never been her strong suit. She followed her instincts out of Beqanna into a world of boring wonders, and then followed them right back. Her instincts are all she has, and they still encourage her to join in.

Her eyes are cold, but that’s hardly her fault. They are a monster’s eyes and they do not portray emotion well - so she relies on her coarse voice to demonstrate her curiosity. “Are you looking for somewhere to cause trouble?” Everyone is focusing their questions on the striped bird so she does as well, though she would not mind if any of the others answered her question as well. She doesn't quite understand that they might be here on behalf of other lands because she has not paused to give the fact that there even are other lands any consideration.

There is room in Pangea for all.

DON'T HATE ME

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Everything about me seems to have changed || Any at all || - by Fiorina - 01-15-2020, 04:03 PM