• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Something's got a hold on me || Wishbone ||
    take my soul & make it undone
    be the one, be the one to take me home and show me the sun. i know, i know you can bring the fire, i can bring the bones. i know, i know you'll make the fire, my bones will make it grow.
    It isn’t the unnaturally stiff way he holds himself before he moves closer that ends her smile. Nor is it the tone of his voice, as though he were a sickly-sweet parent receiving a long-lost child. The true reason that her smile drops off her face and a cold stone drops into her belly comes from the source of those not-Wolfbane behaviors… It’s the look he gives her before she speaks. It’s a look she’s seen before, in the eyes of Bane’s blue-toned father. Wishbone recognizes it immediately — the poison that brews in his irises, the vehement rage, the shark-eyed absence of anything good — and she has to take a deep breath to settle the cry from rising in her throat.

It’s a look Wolfbane spent his entire childhood running away from.
    It’s a look they both ran away from.

In personally experiencing Longclaw’s deterioration, Wishbone can spot the symptoms etched on her once-best friend. The amber of her eyes fades from mingled hesitancy and delight into a blend of sorrow and determination. It’s an expression that might seem questionable on any other face (gloom and courage make a driving yet difficult force) but fits perfectly on Wishbone’s dark-and-gold one. They hadn’t found a cure for Longclaw, but they hadn’t known the nature of the sickness either… Not until it was too late, anyway.

Even as Wolfbane moves closer to her in a way that is familiar, she decides that she will try to save him, if she can.

She isn’t scared of him, despite what Longclaw’s story may tell. How many times had she seen the blue stallion lash out? How often had she felt herself flinch away from his hooves as she tried to rescue Bane from his abusive words? If Wolfbane is anything like Longclaw, she will have to tread carefully. Wishbone steadies herself in the moments between his comment and her expected response. When she replies, her voice is as steady as ever. “I wasn’t expecting to come back from the dead in a brand new body.” She steps closer to him in one smooth movement, allowing her familiar eyes to travel across his muscular frame. His face had often been on her mind in those days of Death and her gaze lands on his angular face when she finishes her inspection.

“You seem… different from the last time we’ve seen each other.”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Something's got a hold on me || Wishbone || - by Wishbone - 01-10-2020, 04:27 PM