• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  It's a beautiful night, we're lookin' for something dumb to do; Lilliana

gotta do it in the penthouse
    that's where I keep my pen

If there is anything Cassian does not want to contemplate, it’s sand. Were he a more intellectual sort, he might see the poetry in his current predicament. As it is, sand is, well, sand. And he has the misfortune to turn into it once in a while. And if the wind is blowing, he goes for a merry ride. He tries very hard not to think too much about how it is he always manages to end up all in one place. Wouldn’t it be just his luck for one eyeball to get flung across Beqanna if that weren’t the case?

Yeah, no, better just not to think about it too much.

He really doesn’t notice the mud and snow slicking his dark coat when he finally does manage to get himself righted. He’s too busy grinning at Lilli to pay much attention to such trivial matters. Besides, he’s definitely been covered in worse.

Lilli’s teasing question startles a full, very amused laugh from deep in Cassian’s gut. He just couldn’t help it. “Have you… met my mother?” he manages to wheeze after a moment. He might love his mother a great deal, but he’d have have to be blind, deaf, and dumb not to realize her romantic tastes were a little… questionable. Grinning madly, he continues, suppressing a laugh as he does, “Maybe, uhhh, don’t ask her for romantic advice if you do.”

Cassian

Messages In This Thread
    RE: It's a beautiful night, we're lookin' for something dumb to do; Lilliana - by Cassian - 01-15-2020, 01:26 PM