• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Ruthless
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

Pteron had not denied the girl’s assumption that he was the ruler of the Taiga, but he hadn’t wanted to bring much attention to it either. There cannot be rumors that the forest is leaderless, not in time like these. He guards the redwoods for his daughter and for his sworn loyalty, but the latter is infinitely stronger. Pteron’s priorities are clear, even if there is very little that he can do about them now.

Some things matter more than your role, Ruthless tells him, and Pteron cannot help but to smile at her naivety.

He is grateful when the golden pegasus elaborates. Grateful at first, she soon drifts away, both in word and attention. Pteron, not having expected company this evening, is content to let her do so, finding that nursing his own worries passes the time – even if not productively. The idea of a life in the forest and the field, impermanent and uncertain, sounds miserable at best. That is not the life he wants for Adarra. He will take her somewhere that they will stay forever. The trouble is that he simply does not know where that might be.

“I grew up in the Brilliant Pampas,” he finds himself telling her. “It is a beautiful place, full of tall grass and endless flowers, which beaches far better for year-round swimming than the shores here.”

@[Ruthless]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Ruthless - by Pteron - 02-27-2020, 08:50 AM