• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  will a gentleness come?

soran
    he dreams of water

He is caught off guard in his own way, surprised by the laughter that falls from her lips.  However, he is not surprised to see her try to regain her composure quickly.  He understands that in his own way.

He has known hard lines and cold eyes for a long time; understands the use of having them and keeping them well at hand.  He hums in amusement at her comment,  "So I've been told."  So he has seen.

A child giggles and his heart swells...

She continues to show her well-placed amusement at his words, and it is not uncommon for Soran to draw gentle laughs from others but it has been some time since such laughter was heard around him.  Now, he has not minded the solitude given to him during his traveling, but it seems that he has forgotten he is able to do some things.  She beckons him forward, and Soran mindlessly lifts a brow.

Then, he smiles, thankful and completely grateful for the generosity.

(Perhaps, he should be more cautious, but who would ever believe one such as the glimmering woman that calls him to her side holds ill will?  Foolish, many would mutter, but one such as Soran does not take for granted the kindness of others.)

"Thank you."  His gratitude is apparent as he moves along like a diligent follower.  This time, though, he does not feel shameful for following along.  Oceane is no lord that he lends an ever listening ear to.  Yet, lend her his ear he will.

Their steps sync up as they walk side-by-side and he is grateful for the lull before she speaks.  Her voice washes over him in a calm and gentle manner, so contrasting with the rocking waves that continue to crash and pummel sand in his thoughts.  He keeps quiet, knowing his time to speak is not now.

("Fairies?" He cannot help but mutter incredulously, his head turning towards her with a look that silently calls her a liar.  "Like in stories told to children?")

What a place he has found himself in.

It is easy to notice the joy and pleasure that coats her words when she finally speaks the name of the kingdom they currently walk in.  He can remember feeling such when he used to introduce himself to those outside of the place he called home.  Soran of Melitusa, first advisor to our good Lord.  His stomach churns.

He takes in a calming breath.

"I believe you have told me a great deal, at least enough to quell my curiosity.  One can only hope your help keeps me out of trouble for a while."  He jokes, aiming a teasing smile towards her.  "And it would be unkind of me not to tell you of the place I come from, wouldn't it?"  He hasn't spoken of Melitusa in... what seems like years.

"Melitusa is the place I come from,"  He admits, looking ahead of them as the name leaves his mouth.  His voice is indifferent.  "It is not a kingdom, or a land, simply a city."

He then tells her of how places like Melitusa are built upon the wealth of one individual, and how that individual holds all the power.  There is no magic — only those graced as 'all-seeing' hold such power.  Kingdoms do not exist, and the land is simply one large territory with other places similar to Melitusa placed about it.  It is simpler, Soran supposes, when compared to Beqanna, but perhaps more complicated in its own ways.

"We were one of the closest to the coast, and so many often stopped there before reaching the ocean."  That had always meant there were all sorts of people wandering through.  It is also why Melitusa had prospered.  He finally looks at her,  "It was a nice enough place, but a lot more different than here, don't you think?"  He questions as he draws his eyes back to the scenery around them.  Then, "Does that quench your curiosity?"

@[Oceane]

neamrel

Messages In This Thread
    will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 12-27-2019, 10:00 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 12-29-2019, 03:34 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 12-29-2019, 08:09 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 12-31-2019, 01:08 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 01-02-2020, 01:03 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 01-05-2020, 01:26 AM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 01-05-2020, 10:56 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 01-07-2020, 03:06 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 01-13-2020, 06:36 PM