• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  will a gentleness come?

soran
    he dreams of water

When deep within his own thoughts, Soran tends to notice little.  It is something that has often led to unexpected hello's and sudden interruptions.  He has tried to remain more focused ever since coming to the realization that he can often get caught up in his own mind but, there has been little improvement.  This is why he does not notice the way Oceane inspects him like a puzzle.

Perhaps, it is for the best, for the scars and how he came to have them is something he has never told another.  It is one of the quickest ways to make him hesitate.  Kind and gentle he might be but ask just that right question and he will stumble and waver so very easily.

Once more she graces him with a smile, and oh how very gracious she has been with them.  Soran, again, is no stranger to smiles or laughs but it has been some time still.  The warmhearted aura that surrounds the woman at his side is so very tender and for but a moment he wonders what led to her being here.

A silent, unknowing part of Soran makes a claim that it will never not return one of her smiles, and so he offers one that is warmer than some of the smiles he has given her before.  This smile is followed by a quietly amused laugh.

"I promise I will not hold your loyalty against you."  He jests between the first pause she takes.  Soran then realizes that, perhaps, they might have similar traits.  He hums thoughtfully, lending a close ear to how she speaks of her curiosity.  Maybe he hasn't sated anything then.  "I'll remember that," he says with a teasing smirk despite the trickle of anxiety that spikes in his chest.  "If I have any more knowledge I can offer you I'll try my best to give it."

His own gaze follows her's when she asks a question he himself has wondered before.  Where else? 

"Anywhere."  He looks away from the land of Loess and at her opalescent face once more.  "If you did not have the bond that you do with that place, would you not want to learn and see all that you could?"  Of course, this was not the main driving force behind why Soran left but, he could pretend.  "You know just as well as I that there is more out there.  Besides, I have no reason beyond my own wandering and curiosity for being here."  He had only remained in Melitusa for the mother and child, once they were gone he left.

"If I admit, I do tend to find myself only staying in places due to the people, though."

Still, sometimes Soran does think about just... stopping.  

"However, I might stay a while.  How do most feel about... wanders around here?"  He tentatively asks.  She has been more than kind to him — something he appreciates more than she will know — but he knows that not everyone will be like her.  "I hardly have much fight in me anymore, so any warning to keep my already shabby self whole would be greatly appreciated."  He jokes.

@[Oceane]

neamrel

Messages In This Thread
    will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 12-27-2019, 10:00 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 12-29-2019, 03:34 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 12-29-2019, 08:09 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 12-31-2019, 01:08 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 01-02-2020, 01:03 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 01-05-2020, 01:26 AM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 01-05-2020, 10:56 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 01-07-2020, 03:06 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 01-13-2020, 06:36 PM