• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  will a gentleness come?

O C E A N E

Oceane waits patiently for Soran's answer, that unexpected hope of hers lingering in the pit of her stomach. Despite this, she is patient when he turns his azure gaze from her and back to the feathers of air that drift upwards from the hot springs. The opaline pegasi takes the opportunity to inspect her new friend; her own gilded eyes caress the scars that have long since healed on his face.

She wonders what could have happened for him to gain those gashes, who he was in his past, who he still is now. Her lavender lips have pursed pensively in the maze of her thoughts when Soran pulls her back to him. I don't know, he says, as she moves from his scars and back to his bright gaze. She understands the hesitation; there are certain expectations that she had set when she'd been searching for a new home.

Some she had been willing to compromise on, but not all. It was which expectations she found more malleable that had been the difficult part; and ultimately, it had been those expectations that had led her to bypass the city and the other smaller groups of civilization she'd encountered until arriving finally in Beqanna.

What would you do?

She smiles at him, offers a small bout of laughter. "Well... perhaps I am a bit biased now, but I would stay." Oceane pauses for a moment before rolling her winged shoulders in a shrug. "I stayed because I was intrigued. There is so much knowledge to be gained here and," she pauses again, amusement lining her words as she tries to find a more polite way of saying her primary trait is nosiness, "I have a high curiosity quotient."

She shifts her weight and turns her amber eyes to the warm water basin and the horizon beyond it. "Where would you go, if not here?"

@[Soran] | "SPEECH"

n | t
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 12-27-2019, 10:00 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 12-29-2019, 03:34 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 12-29-2019, 08:09 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 12-31-2019, 01:08 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 01-02-2020, 01:03 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 01-05-2020, 01:26 AM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 01-05-2020, 10:56 PM