• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  will a gentleness come?

O C E A N E

"It's no trouble. It was a kindness extended to me when I arrived," Oceane tells Soran with a tentative smile as he falls in step beside her, "It's only right that I continue the trend." He proves to be an attentive listener, only opening his mouth to blurt a rhetorical 'fairies?' Her smile widens, knowingly, and her violet head gives a gentle nod in affirmation. It isn't often (or ever, really) that the opaline pegasi has the opportunity to explain the oddities that exist within Beqanna, and in doing so Oceane finds that she feels a connection with Soran that she has not yet fostered with anyone else on the continent.

She still feels a sense of wonderment each time she discovers something new about the land that has been her home for a year, and finds herself hoping that the scarred grey man currently keeping her company will behold that same awe for as long as she has.

When finally her tales of Beqanna draw to a close and Soran graces her with a note of jest and a teasing smile, Oceane naturally responds in kind. She adjusts the feathered appendages at her side again as her newest acquaintance begins to speak with the intention of sating her curiosities. Like Soran, the blue and purple woman is a considerate listener. Nodding in acknowledgment during the pauses and shifting her gaze from the path before them to peek at him in her peripherals on occasion, she searches for anything in his tone that may betray the way he feels about Melitusa.

Admittedly, it would have been difficult for the Loessian mare to tell him an equal amount of information about Nau-Aib. Perhaps his experiences in his homeland are warmer than the ones in her past that rise up like poison in her mind, or so she hopes. Oceane would not wish her own past on anyone she'd ever come across.

Apart, perhaps, from Ivar.

"A city?" she murmurs under her breath, uncertain of the term, though Soran's description of it does a sufficient job of bridging the knowledge gap. "I think I've seen a city before, but only one." She had been passing through, probably six months after she'd fled from the deserts of Nau-Aib, and while the residents had been pleasant enough (if not a little gruff), it had been too busy for Oceane to consider making it her home and so she'd continued onward.

She gives his question a nod and a whimsical smile, "Quite different. I can only imagine the diversity," she adds, thinking on the characters she might have met had she decided to take up residence in the city she'd only glanced at.

Soran finishes speaking about his homeland just as they come to the end of their journey. Before them, an expansive hot springs lay nestled between rocky outcroppings and desert shrubs. Steam rises from its surface, relieving Oceane of autumn's chill. "I believe it does." She grins at him warmly as her rhythmic hoof beats come to an end.

"What are your plans from here, Soran? Will you stay in Beqanna?" Inexplicably, quite a large part of her hopes that he says he will stay, though she does her best to keep that hopefulness from her voice.

Soran | "SPEECH"

n | t
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 12-27-2019, 10:00 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 12-29-2019, 03:34 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 12-29-2019, 08:09 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 12-31-2019, 01:08 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 01-02-2020, 01:03 PM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Oceane - 01-05-2020, 01:26 AM
    RE: will a gentleness come? - by Soran - 01-05-2020, 10:56 PM