• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if the truth has been forbidden then we're breaking all the rules; Eld, Wichita

Snow was not my friend. Snow was an obscene enemy of mine, that I was now a hundred percent sure of. The white backdrop was sure a beautiful thing, like a landscape from a fairytale. I'd imagined many things coursing through the burrows of snow, flurries cascading around entangling limbs, laughter, smiles. It was all such a fanciful affair, to dream, to be of such whimsy. But for me? For me the snow was quite the bothersome quest.

Strawberry toned limbs shuffle through the dunes of ivory; vast feathers slick with clumps of snow, my hooves like stilettos as I threw each leg infront of the other with such purpose, such concentration. My viridian eyes were so attuned upon where my feet were going, that I wasn't entirely looking up. With a rather inelegant stumble, my knees met the ground, but with quite a productive roll of my shoulders, I didn't make it all the way to the ground -- there was something quite precious blossoming within, something that I was holding quite dear. And like a gift, I held it with gentle hands. And was as careful as a bumbling mare could get.

I rolled over the meadow, at an easy, leisurely pace. When one as large as I already had issues with travel, it was a damn sight more hard work when my barrel heaved with life. Inwardly I was cursing myself for falling for Texas's charm, but there were far more worse things out there than his quaint smirk and his errant tongue. The very thought brought a smile to my face, as I ventured the trek from the Falls to the Meadow. Something about getting another burst of exercise, and randomly telling stories to the bump.

'A funny thing happened here, a year ago now. Seems strange that is was so long ago!' I laugh almost, the sound slips from my lips with a haze of breath, as I turn and gently touch my hefty stomach. 'You mother isn't the safest on her feet -- I sure hope you don't inherit my clumsiness. May the heavens help you dear one!' my tone slips, sultry and course. My ears twist, falling back against my crown. Having been walking whilst swinging my head and babbling on, I did not see that another was in my path. I halted just before collision. And as my eyes graced her form, I was thankful I didn't. Another in my own predicament. As hefty as a barrel -- but dear her, she was far larger than I. Twins? Triplets? She sure might have her work cut out for her. I smile, something infectious, as genuine as the snow promised skies. 'Beg my pardon, I hope I didn't disturb you?' I hold back the rest of the babble, keeping my lips tightly pursed. Before the smile breaks and I allow myself a little more conversation (when all I've been doing is rambling on, keeping a lid on all my thoughts had been a saviour.) 'I'm Eld.'

E L D
    - i'm a wishful thinker with the best intentions -
    acolyte of the falls

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if the truth has been forbidden then we're breaking all the rules; Eld - by Eld - 07-28-2015, 01:58 PM