• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  My home was never on the ground // any
    He doesn't mind the way she charges fearlessly into the conversation; she doesn't give him time to think of what he should say or anticipate the awkwardness of that inevitable question.

(The one that always came up sooner or later, once they finally let themselves look at the thick and knotted tissue that wove itself across cheek and jaw.)

It's not that he minds talking about that, he just didn't want her to get that funny look in her eyes, the one they usually got when they found out how it happened. He didn't want to chase her away or make her sad - not when she's beaming up at him in this way. The way that makes him feel her joy in his own chest.

But where she leads, he is glad to follow. As the little brown mare admires his wings, he stretches one out so she may see it at its best advantage. The light bones flex and extend, the soft, grey feathers catch a pinkish glow from the sun's dying light.

"Thanks," he replies, and his happiness is easy to hear in his voice. Her first comment is on something he can be proud of, but it's a funny feeling and he isn't quite sure how to simply accept a compliment. "They keep me warm in the winter... but other than that I haven't gotten much use out of them."

His silver gaze returns to her eyes, and he thinks how he has seen others which were dazzling at first glance, but none quite so lovely. None that sparkle the ways hers do.

"I bet if you had wings you would have learned to fly before you could walk, Bean." His voice is full of playful confidence when he makes this statement because he has no doubt of its truth. "And... I like that name. I don't really need a fancy name like I guess my mother thought I would, but I'm glad you like it."

jumping @[bean] <3
    cleganetransparent

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My home was never on the ground // any - by Clegane - 01-04-2020, 08:49 AM