• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In Hell I'll be in good company // Reia
    How lonely to croak the live long day, to an unanswering bog....

That's what it felt like, anyway. That I was just one more toad in the pond, croaking away while everyone else lived their lives. I'd needed to recover, of course, from the trial a fairy had set me. I'm still not sure if it was real or illusion, but it sets my teeth on edge all the same. A lot of work, and nothing gained by it. The same gaudy Belle I've always been. 

Anyway. 

Boredom set its claws in me once again, as summer heat returned to the land. I was tired of doing nothing. Of chewing the same weeds and swimming in the same pool and doing the same damn thing every day. Time for a change. 

I'd heard rumors that she'd moved. Reia. The flaming girl who'd stumbled on me the year before. Princess, or whatever. She'd been called away to the land that bordered us to the North, for reasons I didn't know. Maybe her mouth had gotten the better of her at the wrong time, and earned her a bit of exile? That would fit. I couldn't think of any other reason daddy dragon would let his precious nestling go. 

Easy enough to find the place. All I had to do was look for trees, in massive proportions. That was easy enough to do with an aerial view. My glossy wings let me glide most of the way there on a helpful wind, letting me down just at the border line. Hey, I'd learned something after all in my stint of kingdom life. Let them come to you. 

Flickering lightning marks pulsed with my heartbeat, more visible in the shade these massive trees cast. A beacon for any passers-by. I took stock while I waited to be found. Poor Reia, if this was really where they'd sent her. This was a far cry from the craggy, reckless land we'd been occupying. All tripping tree roots and pine pitch coated trunks. Hopefully the hunting was at least decent. If nothing else, there was a few degrees coolness beneath the imposing trees that proved relief from the summer sun. Small miracles. 

Gods, where was she? Or anyone, really. My hip rested against a broad trunk, and already I was regretting this spurt of initiative. It's not like we're friends. It seemed girls like us didn't really have friends. Just... A couple of mares with semi-shared interests. Still, it had been something to do. 

@[Reia]

Messages In This Thread
    In Hell I'll be in good company // Reia - by Rebelle - 12-14-2019, 12:06 PM